- 25 Jan, 2017
- Phil Hong
- 0 Comments
- bing, content, google, keywords, optimization, search engine, seo,
Search Engine Optimization
A key area of web development for us is Search Engine Optimization, or SEO. This is the process of optimizing a website to make it more relevant for search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Search engines prioritize websites that contain high quality, relevant information about the searcher’s query. They determine relevance by “crawling” (or reading) your website’s content and evaluating whether that content is relevant. Relevance is a soft science and each search engine does it differently, however, there are key themes that we focus on that are important for all search engines.
Content is King
One common criteria for high organic search result ranking is great content. Even though the page rank algorithms are constantly changing, excellent content is always important to gaining and maintaining a high page ranking. We optimize your most valuable keywords and phrases in page titles, headings and subheadings, and mix long tail keywords into the body of your page content. Also, we make sure meta fields are present and relevant, and images are named intelligently with well described ALT attributes.
Other Areas for Optimization
- Fully responsive, mobile-friendly web design. Your customers are primarily using mobile devices to visit your site and search engines have now begun to penalize websites that are not optimized for mobile.
- Performance and availability. Having a fast website that is always available is critical. We run Google PageSpeed Insights tests as well as GTMetrix and a few other well known website analytics. We also employ a website monitoring service to let us know the minute your website has a server fault and goes offline to help ensure your website is operating as smoothly as possible.
- Social media. We increase visibility to your optimized content by sharing it on social networks and building links to your content. Social media website links are increasingly showing in the top results for many companies and we make it easy to share your blog posts as well as keeping your social media feeds fresh and up to date to attract new visitors as well as providing new content to your existing subscribers.
- Maintaining business listings. We optimize local search with a personal Google My Business page so that nearby customers can see your company on the map and improve local and mobile search results. Keeping this information current and filled with content and reviews will improve your business’s visibility.
- Paid Ads. To ensure optimal search result placement for important keywords sometimes it is advantageous to buy ads. Even a top SEO website can be outranked by a simple paid ad since search engines will always prioritize paid ads over normal search results. Our services include monthly analysis of your Google Adwords performance including impressions, cost per click-through, and conversion ratios. Our goal is to ensure your marketing dollars are getting the best possible performance.
Effective SEO = More Business
Search Engine Optimization offers an opportunity to direct a free funnel of potential clients to your virtual doorstep. Schedule a free consultation with us today and see how SEO can be used to grow your business.